Thursday, May 10, 2012

Encouragement and Pressing on.



I really wanted to post this before we left, but didn't get it done.  We are in China now and have been up for 24 hours with a couple short naps squeezed in.  Now we are told it would be best if we stayed up an additional 4 or 5 hours to help adjust to China time.  So, this post may be interesting or confusing.  I was just thinking about all that God has placed in front of us through this adoption to this point.  I suppose starting with getting Ava and seeing such a profound need and also the blessing she has been to our family.  I also realize the out pouring of support from so many people.  There have been so many people that have been willing to help in so many ways.  Starting with people volunteering for our fund raiser Praying, simply contributing financially, offering to help with our kids while we are gone, helping out at the store, and helping dad farm.  It's similar to a passage in I Corinthians chapter 16 where Paul encourages believers to help, encourage and support the ministers that are passing through.  It's similar to our situation where so many have come forward to do the same.  It hasn't been an easy road, but we have seen God working through so many people.  Now it affects more people.  Justin now has to carry a burden for my serving God in this way.  Customers may suffer for the sake of serving.  My father & mother need to cover for me being gone.  Wednesday was a difficult day to say good by to the kids for our trip.  The kids get the sacrifice of being with out m Rest assured it is all worth it.  I just think about Ava and how our short time of inconvenience has changed our family in such a great way.  Now here we are again, in Jesus name to be His hands and feet to serve Him in this way.  Matthew 13:44-46

posted by Eric

No comments: