I will try to keep this brief, eventhough the next 2 days of the trip felt like the longest days of our lives!!!
Wednesday..... As we prepared to leave for Hong Kong, Mandy and Mary ask if we have umbrellas because there is a typhoon in Hong Kong....we seriously thought that they were joking...they were not. We took a wonderful train ride to HK and checked back into the Regal Airport hotel. We had McDonalds for lunch and that evening I started vomiting and diarrhea. It lasted all night and by the morning I was SO weak. We went to the airport by 10:30 am..6 hours later we find out we can't leave because of the typhoon. We were all just devastated! We called our guides again and they found us hotel rooms at the Marco Polo downtown. United kept our luggage so we had NOTHING but our carry ons. We were all running low on diapers etc. Dawn went to buy some and we all shared.
We got to the Marco Polo, I was so weak that I slept from about 6:30pm until 7am the next day. Eric took care of Ava. We got back to the airport and our flight finally left around 5pm. We had all slept in our clothes and had them on for about 48 hours or more.
We finally arrived at O'Hare on Friday August 4th about 6pm and came out of customs around 7pm.
We were so glad to be home. The flight was long, but basically uneventfull. The babies all did fine.
I think everyone knows, but I will tell it anyways, Eric and I got deathly ill when we got home. Him on Saturday and me on Sunday. We had a parasite called Cryptosporidium, plus I was severely dydrated and need 2 bags of IV fluids on Monday. We survived though and are feeling good again.
Let me just finish up and say that our trip was AMAZING!! We loved China and the people we traveled with. We were once a group of strangers that now have a bond that many will never understand. We have grown to love one another and look forward to a lifetime of watching our girls grow and thrive. Eric and I miss them all. Thank you to Matt, Dawn, Wendy, Nancy, Jen and Mary....oh, I don't want to forget Lucy, Mara and Nikayla too! We loved every moment that we spent with all of you!!
We were so blessed by our trip to China! Ava is amazing and we love her sooooo much. It is as if she has always been here. Please check back on our blog for updates and pictures of our Little
Miss Ava. As they say in China....She is a SPICY GIRL!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment