
Here is our recent addition out at The Woods....Sonny & Cher! Frank and I came up with those names! They are 6 month old swans. We bought them at our school auction/fund raiser that benefits our kids' school. We don't usually bid on many items, but when I saw them on the list up for bid, I really wanted them for our pond.

This is Cher. They are still a grey color because they are not fully mature yet. Although they are full size, they do not become pure white until they are around 1 year old.

They seemed to like the pond as soon as Eric let them loose. We should not have to worry about coyotes or other creatures getting them because they sleep on the water. Their wings have been clipped, so they will not fly away. Hopefully one day they will mate and then we will have babies. I don't think we will name it Chastity Bono though!!

I will hopefully have some better pictures later. We just hope that they do not wander into Bella's area....she may get them.!! I think that we are done getting animals for a while!
2 comments:
I love your new additions to the family! And their names are great! How fun to see swan swimming in your pond. Will they be OK during the winter months? The re-adoption pictures are so nice. What great pictures of all of you. We didn't have a re-adoption, I guess it depends what state you are in. We just filed some papers and the lawyer did it all for us. We didn't have to appear in court, nor were we given the option. What a blessing to have kids! Hope you are enjoying fall in IL...I really miss all the leaves and the wonderful sweatshirt weather.
Frank, I would expect you to come up with such awesome names! Good work, friend!
Post a Comment