All I can say is what a trip!! Our flight was delayed leaving O'Hare due to bad weather, so we left 4 hours late and only arrived 2 hours late to Hong Kong. We arrived at 6:50pm on Friday the 21st. The flight was not bad, but not good either! Very hard to sleep sitting up for 14 hours, but we made it. Over 100 people missed the flight because of missed flights to Chicago. They had four movies, but I only watched one. The food was not too bad, and they feed you very often. We got up several times to walk around and stretch. With the adoption fare we booked, we were in Premier Coach, which gave us more leg room; you could really tell the difference. Too bad they were not any wider! The ride home should be interesting with a 15 month old!!
We arrived at the airport, went through immigration(45 minutes) and walked to our hotel. We are staying at the Regal. We went to bed about 9:30pm and wole up at 4:00am. Better than we expected. Today we had a very full day and it was VERY HOT. We went on a 8 hour tour with our travel group. We took a boat tour of the Hong Kong Harbour and then went to a really elegant restaurant for Dim Sum. It was sooooo good. We all sat at a table with a huge lazy susan in the center with fantastic food. We then took a air conditioned bus tour and went to Victoria's Peak, a jewlery factory, the Stanley Market and some other local sights. Our guide was very informative about the area. We got back around 7pm and Eric and I had dinner with Wendy and her mom Nancy....at Popeye's Chicken!
Let me just say that we have a fantastic travel group. It includes us, Matt and Dawn, Wendy and her mom Nancy, and Jen and her mom Mary. We all get along fantastic and are enjoying getting to know eachother. We are all very anxious for Monday to get our girls!!! We leave tomorrow for Chongqing.
A bit of scary news for Eric and I....We were notified as we arrived at O'Hare, and then received a phone call last night at the hotel from one our guides, that Ava may need surgery. Apparently, Ava has a pus filled sore on her bottom that they think is from an immunization. They say it is being treated, with a topical ointment and I think oral medication, but we do not know for sure. We will know more on Monday. PLEASE PRAY for this situation. That it is not too serious and that she heals on her own and will NOT require the operation. I am trying not to worry, but that is easier said than done. I will hopefully post again on the evening we get her.
I don't know what else to add at this point. We are just so thrilled to finally be here to bring Ava home.
Frank, Maria and Nicholas.....Mom and Dad love you guys so much and can't wait to see you. You are in our prayers and in our hearts and we will be home very soon. Please pray for your baby sister to get well soon! I will post again on Monday (Sunday for you all) evening.
1 comment:
WE'll be parying that it is handled with just oral meds.
Gald you made it and are having the time of your lives!
Shannon
Post a Comment